Scapy runs natively on Linux, and on most Unixes with libpcap and its python wrappers (see scapy’s installation page). The same code base now runs natively on both Python 2 and Python 3.
- Official Online HTML documentation
- Scapy’s installation page
- ThePacketGeek’s Building Network Tools with Scapy tutorial
- Security Power Tools where Philippe Biondi wrote a complete chapter about Scapy.
It provides the ticket management service used for submitting patches or bugs.
- Submit patches
- Report bugs/wishes here
- Active tickets here
- Head over to Scapy’s GitHub Projects to see what is being worked on.
- Automotive Penetration Testing with Scapy - Troopers 2019 slides
- Scapy’s PacSec/core05 slides (printable version)
- Scapy’s Hack.lu 2005 slides
- Scapy’s Summerschool Applied IT Security 2005 slides
- Scapy’s T2’2005 slides
- Scapy’s CanSecWest/core05 slides
- Scapy’s LSM 2003 slides
Other documents about Scapy :
Mailing-list (very low activity)
Send questions, bug reports, suggestions, ideas, cool usages of Scapy, etc. To avoid spam, you must subscribe to the mailing list to post.
- To subscribe to the mailing-list, send a mail to scapy.ml-subscribe(at)secdev.org
- To send a mail to the mailing-list: scapy.ml(at)secdev.org
- May miss packets under heavy load
- BPF filters do not work on PPP interfaces
- UTscapy: Unit Testing with scapy (shipped with Scapy 2.X+)
- Scapytain: a web application to store, organize and run test campaigns on top of Scapy (low project activity)
An independent fork of Scapy was created from v2.2.0 in 2015, aimed at supporting only Python3 (scapy3k). The fork diverged, did not follow evolutions and fixes, and has had its own life without contributions back to Scapy. Unfortunately, it has been packaged as python3-scapy in some distributions, and as scapy-python3 on PyPI leading to confusion amongst users. It should not be the case anymore soon. Scapy supports Python3 in addition to Python2 since 2.4.0. Scapy v2.4.0 should be favored as the official Scapy code base. The fork has been renamed as kamene.